THINGS I LEARNED IN MY 20'S
I think we learn a lot during our teenage years and the rest of our lives we try to practice the art of maturity. As a teenager we are allowed to make mistakes, avoid responsibilities and make a note to be careful as we approach adulthood.
But does that ensure we practice what we thought we would be careful about? How accurately can you tell that you never repeated the same mistake twice or thrice or fcking numerous times.
It surely is no piece of cake to walk the path you made for yourself when you promised that you wont repeat the mistake again,ever. What I think is we think the things we learn when we are teenagers might only be helpful to other teenagers, because apparently we think that adulthood is about avoiding bigger mistakes, but all the mistakes are a part of a small mistakes you made when you were in your teens and neglected it because you surely wont encounter such problems when you grow up.
I have some lessons that I learned, I may not preach but anyone out there reading this I am sure you would want to check out and practice:
- HATING YOUR WEAKNESS DOESN’T MAKE YOU STRONGER
2. ALWAYS,FAMILY BEFORE FRIENDS(THEY MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND YOUR FEELINGS BUT FAMILY IS A PRIORITY)
3. ALWAYS HELP, NO MATTER HOW THE PERSONS BEHAVES WITH YOU.
4. YOU CANT AVOID PROBLEMS, BETTER FACE IT WHEN IT ORIGINATES.
5. NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU.
6. YOU CANT HAVE EVERYTHING, EVEN IF YOU DESERVE IT.
7. BEING AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE WILL NOT BE APPRECIATED, BUT THAT SHOULD NOT DEMOTIVATE YOU.
8. CHECK UP ON EVERYONE, EVEN SOMEONE WHO WOULDN’T DO THE SAME.
9. ASKING FOR HELP IS NOT A WRONG THING.
10. ALWAYS BE CLEAR ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL.
11. GIVE PEOPLE THEIR SPACE, EVEN IF IT MAKES YOU ANXIOUS.
12. MOVE ON BEFORE YOU GET STUCK IN AN ENDLESS CYCLE.